Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Fault in our Stars

My life is pretty plain.

But it is, seriously. Since my life consists of very little, not-so-exciting-things, I really only do a few things: work, play with baby and husband, read books, take walks, and dream of going on some extravagant vacation to Europe or Australia. Oh, and eat chocolate...let's not forget about the chocolate. Alas, we have no money in the bank account and even if we did have the money to take that vacation, I doubt I would because I'm too lazy to get a passport. I'll just eat cake in my basement and watch hours and hours of TV, thank you very much.


I have been reading "the fault in our stars". This book is everything a girl wants in a book: a handsome fellow that makes our stomach tickle because he knows just want to say, a quirky girl that we can all relate too, humor, love, passion, and a whirlwind of emotions that makes you want to throw the book down and burn after reading (at least, that's what I wanted to do). I know at some point this book will make me sob and my husband won't know what to do with my emotions over a book...poor husbands who don't know how to comfort their wife's over pages with words on it. What will they ever do?

I can't wrap my head around this book. I love it and I hate it. When I read about the book online and the reviews it had, I knew this book would be predictable and let me tell you, it has been. With each page I turn(ed), my gut would tell me, "spoiler alert: [insert what would happen] is going to happen", then BAM! it would happen. I love it...but, you know...predictable.

However

I would recommend reading this book. It's a fast and easy read and if I didn't have a baby, it would've taken me 2 days to finish it. They're making this book into a movie, so you could just wait to see the movie if you're one of those people. I can be that type of person to avoid disappointment since no one likes to walk out of a movie thinking, "welp, that sucked". Twilight was like that for me and now I can honestly, without a reasonable doubt, say I hate and loath that book and movie with all my being. I would pay someone big money to make that book and movie disappear forever. Such a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment