Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

sunday, funday

for the last month, going on two months, craig and i wake up sunday morning, eat a quick breakfast, and go for a drive through the canyon. we consider this our church since we're no longer practicing the Mormon faith. these drives have been our time to spend as a family, reflect on the past and future, set goals (personal, as parents, and as husband and wife). this is the time that we really get to sit and talk to each other completely uninterrupted about our past week, our frustrations, our accomplishments and our over all feelings. i look forward to these drives each week and have the opportunity to "rekindle", per se, my relationship with craig.

these drives get me through the week. i'm hating the fact that the canyon will close down due to the winter season and soon our sunday drives will cease to exist because of the snow. i hate winter, and my bones begin to ache when i think about it and i can feel those "winter blues" coming on strong.


i need these sunday drives. they are my outlet. i need these little getaways with my husband and baby. i need these conversations i have with craig where he can make me feel better about how work has been stressing me out, or how i wish i could just be home with my baby.

these two boys of mine are the best thing that has ever happened to me. i love that these two can make me laugh at the drop of a hat. with these two around, i never have a dull moment. smith's newest thing is "head banging", or his version of it. this is mostly him shaking his head no to the music, but hey, it works, right?


i hope that we can find another route for our sunday drives once winter comes, but until then, i'm enjoying the quickly changing scenery of the alpine loop.


No comments:

Post a Comment